Credibility, Performance and S – GuruFocus.com
Preference for foreign asset managers in terms of performance, track record and reliability
HONG KONG, June 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The vast majority of Asian investors consider credibility (96%), performance (96%) and service fees (90%) as the main criteria for choosing an asset manager, according to FleishmanHillardit is The future of asset management in Asia 2022.
The report, which for the first time covers four markets across Asia (continent ChinaHong Kong SAR, Singapore and South Korea) and follows three years of successful The future of asset management in Chinareport, offers insights for global asset managers evaluating opportunities in Asia. Published in collaboration with the agency TRUE Global Intelligence Hands-on, the report features analysis drawn from an online survey of Asian investor attitudes and behaviors, as well as an overview of the latest industry trends.
The survey shows that foreign asset managers are preferred for their performance (53%), track record (45%) and reliability (43%) by investors over local players. Asian investors value asset managers who are transparent in communicating with clients (92%) and disclosing fees (89%) and who offer sophisticated risk management capabilities (90%) and strong ESG products (78%).
“Despite continued market volatility in 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, Asia continues to be an epicenter of growth for international asset managers, with China presenting opportunities for expansion amid an upsurge in the number of affluent investors in the region,” said Patrick You, Asia Pacific responsible for FleishmanHillard’s financial and professional services sector. “Credibility and performance remain essential for investors in Asia choice of asset managers. Foreign managers need to think about how they can meet investor appetites by delivering uncorrelated alpha with best-in-class and timely investment solutions drawing on a variety of global expertise and experience.”
The investigation also revealed:
- Asian investors show a strong preference for investing in the region they know best: Asia Pacific. The exception here is for South Korean investors, who are most eager to invest in North America (58%) and are almost as likely to target Europe (37%) like Asia Pacific (39%).
- With the Ukraine–Russia conflict increasing global volatility, most investors are shifting their investments towards lower risk options, although Singaporean investors are just as likely to maintain their current asset allocation as to reduce risk.
- Despite falling stock markets, particularly in growth segments, investors in the region are still aiming to invest in innovation sectors this year, with 53% of investors in the region saying they will invest in the innovation sector. the internet and technology.
- With a number of new investment themes that have emerged over the past year, such as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and the metaverse, the report shows a clear appetite from investors in the markets studied for products investing in these themes. Cryptocurrency-related products topped investors’ wish lists, with 45% showing interest despite weaker performance in the six months leading up to the survey.
- A total of 41% also expressed interest in metaverse-themed products, and 33% said they would consider investing in an NFT or digital collectible, which is largely driven by investors in the Hong Kong SAR, of which 43% expressed interest.
- More than half (59%) of investors use online methods for fundraising, followed by independent financial advisers (46%) and wealth managers (43%).
FleishmanHillard’s The future of asset management in Asia 2022 report includes both qualitative and quantitative data. FleishmanHillard TRUE Global Intelligence conducted an online survey of 418 investment professionals in mainland China ChinaHong Kong SAR, Singapore and South Korea between April 27 and May 5, 2022. All survey respondents identified themselves as working in investment, finance or banking, and had traded or invested in at least one of the following: equity funds (77%), income securities fixed (57%), ETFs (48%), alternatives (15%), balanced funds (30%) or PE funds (11%).
Notes: One continent China targeted report, The future of asset management in China 2022is also available to asset managers specifically interested in this growing market.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Global PRovoke Agency of the Year 2021, ICCO Network of the Year 2021, Campaign Global PR Agency of the Year 2021, PRWeek US Agency of the Year 2022, and Outstanding Extra-Large Agency of the Year; Council of the Year 2021 PRovoke APAC; 2021 PRWeek UK Large Consultancy of the Year; Human Rights Campaign Best Workplaces for LGBTQ Equality 2018-2021; and Seramount’s (formerly Working Mother Media) “Best Companies for Women Leaders” list 2010-2021. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group and has nearly 80 offices in more than 30 countries, as well as subsidiaries in 45 countries.
About Omnicom’s Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the world’s largest public relations firms and agencies specializing in areas such as public affairs, language strategy, global health strategy and change management. As the largest group of communications professionals in the world, our employees bring their expertise to businesses, government agencies, NGOs and non-profit organizations in a wide range of sectors. Omnicom’s public relations group delivers on client expectations through a relentless focus on talent, a continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the Communications Consultancy Network, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC).
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is one of the world’s leading marketing and corporate communications companies. Omnicom’s brand networks and numerous specialist companies provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other communications services specialists to more than 5,000 customers in more than 70 countries. follow us on Twitter for the latest news.
Show original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/credibility-performance-and-service-fees-are-key-criteria-for-choosing-asset-managers-according-to-fleishmanhillards-first-pan-asia- report-on-the-future-of-asset-management-301566799.html