Advantages and disadvantages of both
Every business owner knows this dilemma. The time is coming and you have to choose where to stack your tokens – whether it is to emphasize online advertising or to opt for more effort on the traditional size.
Both types of advertising have their advantages and disadvantages. Let’s see which one offers the most potential for you.
Traditional advertising includes techniques and media such as door-to-door or word of mouth, banner ads, cold calls, local posters, billboards, etc.
- Traditional advertising is more personal and creates a long-term emotional connection with audiences when done well. For example, seeing a magazine ad or a poster in the subway when you are largely free will create a more lasting impact than seeing a YouTube ad when you try to watch a video – at which point the video becomes quite simply a nuisance.
- The workflow of setting up traditional advertising, either physically or through people, is fairly straightforward and therefore very easy to implement with little or no know-how.
- People who are not online due to limitations or choices can only be targeted through traditional advertising.
Besides higher costs for the same results, the main problem with traditional advertising is its rigidity.
- No possibility to modify or optimize your traditional advertising campaigns. Once you’ve printed a thousand flyers or posted your ad on a billboard, you need to launch an entirely new campaign to make a change.
- Obtaining performance information is sporadic and is a somewhat incomplete experience. Imagine that you have already shot and produced a television commercial. Now you have no way to gauge how well it is working, what is failing, etc.
- It is much more difficult to change traditional campaigns.
Another major problem with traditional advertising is rooted in the physical nature of assets. This usually leads to various problems, such as:
- Higher costs due to the logistics involved.
- Wear and tear due to various factors (natural and man-made) that make the assets ineffective after a certain time – which cannot be predicted.
This is not the case with online advertising. For example, digital marketing company HillTopBazaar lets you run campaigns for as long as you want. It just depends on the budget.
Online advertising takes advantage of the popularity of social media and websites – the Internet in general.
The bottom line is that online advertising is more profitable, yields more measurable results, and offers a higher return on investment. A company that specializes in this area will be able to give you a better idea of what to expect before you spend a dollar.
- Most consumers are now online. Their confidence in online services and e-commerce platforms is also enhanced. As a result, online advertising has become the Advertising support.
- Acquiring meaningful leads or running successful awareness campaigns is extremely easy online. No logistical problem.
- It is more profitable to launch online campaigns. The impact you can get for your money online is many times that of traditional advertising.
- The results of online advertising campaigns are measurable from the start and end to end. There are powerful lessons you can learn from an online advertising campaign.
- Fine-tuning, scaling and optimizing your online advertising campaigns is easy. Sometimes you don’t even need to pause campaigns – changes can be made to them live. You can introduce a new optimization within a few hours.
- Instant engagement is possible with digital campaigns. Google Ads can have a call button that allows them to call you directly, or a Facebook ad can directly allow people to message a business, instantly.
- There is quite a learning curve. Unless you are outsourcing your needs, you’ll need to consider basic requirements like campaign setup, tracking, and performance measurement. Note that aspects such as design, typography, or sales copy are common skills for both types of advertising.
- When done poorly (poor quality ads, too frequent ads), online ads quickly become a nuisance and damage brand image instead of adding to it.
What is the best choice ?
HillTopBazaar Director of Business Development Michael Ross rightly states that “Businesses are rapidly turning into digital entities and therefore it is high time that all SMBs take back their online presence, or they could end up losing. a lot of time “.
It appears that online advertising is a much bigger factor in a company’s marketing budget. Having said that, traditional advertising shouldn’t be done away with completely, as it also has its benefits.